Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Roasted Pumpkin Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roasted Pumpkin Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most people typically think that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you probably choose a lot of items out of habit. For instance, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to roasted pumpkin soup recipe. To make roasted pumpkin soup you need 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Roasted Pumpkin Soup:
- Get 1 of pumpkin or butternut squash (about 1.5kg) cut into chunks and deseeded.
- Provide 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 2 of onions, chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Get 3 of garlic cloves, peeled and chopped.
- Use 1 of red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped.
- Take 400 g of can of tomatoes.
- Take 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Provide handful of sweetcorn, fresh, frozen or tinned.
- Use of sea salt and black pepper.
- Take of To garnish:.
- Provide of tortilla chips, crushed.
- You need of mature Cheddar cheese.
- Use 1 of ripe avocado, peeled, diced and tossed with lime or lemon juice.
- Get of fresh coriander or parsley.
Steps to make Roasted Pumpkin Soup:
- Place the slices of deseeded pumpkin in a large roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a preheated oven 180°/Gas 4 and roast for about 40 minutes until the flesh is soft and slightly caramelized..
- Meanwhile heat the rest of the olive oil in a large pan, add the onions and cook for 20 minutes, until tender. Stir in the paprika, garlic and chilli and cook for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and stock. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the onions are completely soft..
- When the pumpkin is cool enough to handle, remove the skin and chop the flesh into chunks. You can retain the skin if you wish, if it's as tender as the flesh..
- Add the pumpkin to the soup, and blitz with a hand held blender or in a food processor. Check for seasoning. Add the sweetcorn and bring back to a slow simmer..
- Now prepare the garnish. Chop the avocado and squeeze the lemon over the top, grate the cheese and mix it with crushed tortilla chips. Chop the parsley. Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle over the toppings..
If you find this Roasted Pumpkin Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.