Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Energy.
We are all aware that eating healthy snacks can help us truly feel better inside our bodies. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy types plays a part in a more balanced feeling. A piece of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be tough if it is snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack food.
Consider eating almonds if you don’t have problems with nut allergies. As an all-in-one energy booster, almonds offer you many health benefits. Various vitamins and minerals are found in these wonderful nuts. Almonds, like turkey, contain the enzyme tryptophan which can often cause you to be sleepy. Having said that, you won’t need a nap after eating almonds. Instead they will merely help your muscles and digestive system relax while also helping you feel less frustrated. From time to time eating almonds can even be a mood booster!
A large variety of instant health snacks is easily available. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to wholesome chicken soup recipe. You can cook wholesome chicken soup using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Wholesome Chicken Soup:
- Provide 1.5 lbs of chicken thigh meat, deboned and deskinned.
- Prepare 5 of whole peeled cloves garlic.
- Provide 1 of large onion, quartered.
- Provide 2 of carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Use 2 of celery stalk, cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Use 4 of whole shiitake mushrooms.
- Take 5 of peppercorns.
- You need 4 of bay leaves.
- Get dash of dried ginger powder.
- Prepare 2 of carrots cut into centimeter cubes.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks cut into centimeter cubes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Provide 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Get 1 tsp of Worcestershire.
- Use 1 tsp of Chinese rice wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Provide to taste of Pepper.
- Use of Sour cream to serve.
Steps to make Wholesome Chicken Soup:
- Take 1.5-2 lbs of chicken meat, preferably with a little bone or skin for fat/flavor (here I used 1.5 lbs of mostly cleaned chicken thighs) and fry in oil in a ceramic coated cast iron dutch oven (I love Lodge)..
- Then add 4-5 cups of very warm water, 5 whole cloves of garlic, 1 large quartered onion, 2 carrots in 1"pieces, 2 celery stalks in 2" pieces, 4-5 whole shiitake mushrooms, 5 peppercorns, dash dried ginger powder, 4-5 bay leaves (I use large Indian ones), and bring to a boil..
- Once at a boil, reduce to a simmer for about 60 mins..
- After 60 mins, remove boiled carrot, celery and bay leaves and discard. Roughly chop the boiled onion and return to pan..
- Remove chicken, shred and remove any fat chunks and return to pan. Cut 2 carrots and 2 celery stalks into 1 cm^3 pieces and add to pan..
- Remove mushrooms, cut into quarters (and remove any remaining stem)..
- Here I also add 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1-2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp Chinese rice wine, and a tbsp butter..
- Simmer soup until new carrot/celery pieces are tender. Add 1 tsp salt and several good cranks of pepper..
- Serve with dollop of sour cream..
If you find this Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.