Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. There are numerous diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re incessantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, merely making a few small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One healthy alternative that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
As you can see, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp, crawfish, and corn stew recipe. You can cook shrimp, crawfish, and corn stew using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew:
- Take 4 packages of 4 bags of already peeled frozen shrimp, if its shrimp season get ya 3lbs of boiled shrimp bcuz those shrimp will b significantly larger.
- Take 2 of 2 packs of frozen, already cooked & peeled crawfish or 2 lbs of boiled crawfish (again, only if it's crawfish season…btw "shrimp/crawfish season" only applies 2 my fellow Cajun folk).
- Use 10 each of 8-10 stalks fresh corn, shucked.
- Provide 1 large of family size can cream of mushroom soup.
- Use 1 of regular size can cream of shrimp soup (if no cream of shrimp available, cream of chicken is fine).
- You need 1 cup of half n half or heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 of Blend of 1 chopped onion, 3 stalks chopped celery, 1 chopped green bell pepper and 1 chopped red bell pepper. They sell this blend already prepared/ pre-chopped in some grocery stores..
- Use 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Take 1 of Crab boil liquid seasoning (equivalent of Old Bay seasoning in northern states) to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Salt/pepper or local spice blend to taste (Tony Chachere's is my blend of choice).
Instructions to make Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew:
- In blender, blend half of shucked corn w cup of half n half/heavy whipping cream. Add some seasoning 2 taste and blend until smooth. Consistency will b thick. Reserve remaining unblended corn to add in later..
- Add olive oil to hot deep stock pot and toss in chopped onion blend. Stir around until mix begins turning translucent. This process is termed "sweating" by local chefs. Releases amazing flavors and juices from veggies. As ur sweating ur blend add some seasoning to it as u go….
- Next add peeled and thawed shrimp. Stir those around a few mins until they start 2 turn pink..
- Add corn/half n half blend to pot along w both cans of soup. This mixture will b thick. Incorporate all content..
- Add milk here to thin out mixture. I said use about a cup of milk but add gradually until u get 2 desired consistency. U may want more than 1 cup if u prefer it thinner or less than a cup if u want it more hearty..
- Add cooked/peeled/thawed crawfish and remaining whole corn kernels to pot, stir in..
- Now comes the fun!!! Season that thang up 2 ur liking w about a tablespoon of liquid crab boil or old bay… be VERY VERY careful on this step cuz that crap is super hot so take it slow…add it gradually until u get desired heat. Then add more salt/pepper or spice blend to taste..
- Stir everything together well one good time then cover w lid and let it simmer on low heat for about 15-20 mins..
- Serve over steamed rice to eat it as a stew or by itself w/ some toasted & buttered french bread, croissant, or side salad bcuz it's yummy & filling enough 2 eat as a soup!!!.
If you find this Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.