Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato Broccoli Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Broccoli Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. There are a number of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that many people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by implementing several modest changes.
One way to approach this to begin seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to change everything right away or that you have to completely eliminate certain foods from your diet. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you did. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate in the past.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato broccoli soup recipe. To make potato broccoli soup you only need 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Broccoli Soup:
- Provide 3 cups of diced broccoli heads.
- Provide 3 of carrots peeled and diced.
- You need 6 of medium potatoes peeled and cubed into small pieces.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 8 cups of Chicken Broth.
- Use 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Provide 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Get 3 1/2 cups of milk.
- Get 4 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Take 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of garlic pepper.
- You need 8 slices of bacon cooked and chopped.
Steps to make Potato Broccoli Soup:
- In a large pot, combine chicken broth, carrots, potatoes, and onion. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Add broccoli, cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes..
- While simmering, melt butter in a large sauce pan. Whisk in the flour and cook for another minute (or until golden brown). Whisk in milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce thickens..
- Add cheese and stir until it is all melted. Pour cheese sauce into the large pot and stir until well combined..
- Add salt and garlic pepper. Add bacon pieces to the soup..
- Serve warm. Enjoy..
If you find this Potato Broccoli Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.