Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Southwest-style chicken soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Southwest-style chicken soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwest-style chicken soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that give You Energy.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. Increasing our consumption of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy types plays a part in a more healthy feeling. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for treats between meals. Finding goodies that help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
Healthy foods made from whole grains are great for a fast snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that added boost you need to get going. When you have to have a fast snack on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than processed grains found in white bread.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily accessible. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to southwest-style chicken soup recipe. To make southwest-style chicken soup you need 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Southwest-style chicken soup:
- Use of chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless.
- Prepare of dried oregano.
- Take of large sweet onion, chopped.
- Provide of garlic, finely chopped.
- Get of chili powder.
- Take of ground cumin.
- Get of smoked paprika.
- Take of cayenne powder.
- Provide of chipotle powder.
- Provide of can diced tomatoes, including juice.
- Use of chicken broth.
- Get of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Use of sweet corn kernels.
- Get of Garnishes.
- Use of Cilantro, chopped.
- You need of Jalapeno pepper, chopped.
- Use of Avocado, sliced.
- Prepare of Sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Provide of Lime wedges.
- Take of Tortillas, crisped.
- You need of Cheddar cheese, grated.
Steps to make Southwest-style chicken soup:
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1/2 cm strips. In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oregano, a good pinch of salt, several grinds of black pepper, and a glug of olive oil..
- Put a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry until no pink remains, about 3 minutes..
- Add the onion and garlic. Continue frying until the chicken and onion are browned and caramelized, about 5 minutes..
- Sprinkle on the spices. Toss to coat, then fry 2 minutes..
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and black beans. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add the corn and simmer 1 more minute. Adjust the seasoning as required. Serve hot, with garnishes on the side..
If you find this Southwest-style chicken soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.