Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Energy.
We are all aware that having healthy snacks can help us feel better inside our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. A piece of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. You can spend numerous hours at the supermarket searching for the right snack foods to make you feel healthy. Why not try one of many following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain foods are an excellent choice for a fast balanced snack. A bit of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the morning. Eating on the run can easily be healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Selecting whole grain foods is always much better than eating the processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
You don’t have to look far to locate a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. To make chicken tortilla soup you need 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- You need of large yellow or white onion chopped.
- Get of garlic minced.
- Provide of carrot diced.
- Provide of Poblano pepper diced.
- Use of corn tortillas cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Prepare of frozen corn.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- Provide of diced tomatoes 14.5 oz. can.
- You need of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prepare of salt or to taste.
- Use of pepper.
- Provide of olive oil or veg oil.
- Provide of chicken stock.
- Use of chicken ingredients.
- Use of chicken tenders.
- Take of ground cumin.
- Provide of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- Provide of olive oil or veg oil.
Steps to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- For the chicken tenders, add all ingredients under chicken ingredients to a zip lock bag and marinade for 20 min minimum..
- Saute chicken in sautee pan on medium high heat. No need to add oil, there is plenty in the marinade. About 4 min the first side and about 3 min the second until golden brown. Let rest for a couple minutes before slicing and dicing to serve over soup as the topping..
- For the soup….Sautee in oil the carrots, poblano pepper and onion on medium high heat about 7 to 10 minutes til translucent..
- When translucent add garlic, stir and cook for 30 seconds..
- Add tomatoe paste and stir until incorporated into veggies. Add salt, pepper and cumin. Stir..
- Add cilantro, chicken stock, diced tomatoes, corn and tortillas. Stir and turn to low medium heat. Cook for 20 min..
- Turn off stove, using a hand blender, blend until desired consistency. I do it half way so there is texture. If you choose a creamier and smoother texture then keep going. You can also use a stand blender mixing in batches..
- You can choose to top with ingriendents such as sour cream, avocado, chopped cilantro, lime or shredded cheese and of course your chicken! For extra texture garnish with crushed tortilla chips..
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.