Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Cooking Light's Chili Mac recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cooking Light's Chili Mac recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are numerous illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
These types of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. Although you may already consume a lot of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cooking light's chili mac recipe. To make cooking light's chili mac you need 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cooking Light's Chili Mac:
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Use 1/2 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- Use 1 lb of Trader Joe's Beefless Ground Beef.
- Take 1 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- You need 1/2 c of water.
- Get 1 (8 oz) of can of tomato sauce, no salt added.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can of diced tomatoes, no salt added.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can of red beans, drained.
- Provide 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Use 1 c of uncooked elbow macaroni.
- Get 1 1/2 c of frozen corn.
- Provide 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Take 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Take 1/2-1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- Get of Trader Joe's corn chips.
Steps to make Cooking Light's Chili Mac:
- In a large dutch oven, saute onion in olive oil on medium heat until soft. Add green pepper and saute until soft. Add some water to saute and prevent scorching if needed. Also you may cover, stirring frequently to hasten cooking along..
- Add Beefless Ground Beef and garlic. Saute until heated through and slightly browned. Add 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for 3-4 minutes covered to combine flavors..
- Heat 1-2 quarts of water in a small saucepan to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Drain when cooked..
- Add canned tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, red beans, and tomato paste to Beefless beef mixture and stir to combine..
- Add elbow macaroni and corn. Stir to combine. Add chili powder, cumin and salt. You may add pepper if you prefer. I use Chimayo chile powder and recommend it if you can obtain it..
- Cook for 30 minutes simmering on low medium heat. Stir every 10 minutes to prevent scorching. Add 1/4 c of water if needed. The final result should not be very saucy..
- Serve in shallow bowls, top with cheddar cheese. Corn chips on the side. Use to scoop up chili mac or crumbled on top. Both are preferred methods in our house..
If you find this Cooking Light's Chili Mac recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.