Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cube Steak in Brown Mushroom Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cube Steak in Brown Mushroom Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out some small changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy eating regimen.
As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cube steak in brown mushroom gravy recipe. To cook cube steak in brown mushroom gravy you only need 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cube Steak in Brown Mushroom Gravy:
- Prepare 4 pieces of cube steak.
- Provide 1 cup of flour.
- Provide 1 tbs of seasoned salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbs of butter – divided.
- You need 2 tbs of vegetable oil.
- Provide 12 oz of button mushrooms – sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Get 2 cups of beef broth.
- You need to taste of Additional salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Cube Steak in Brown Mushroom Gravy:
- Place flour, seasoned salt, and pepper in a wide, shallow dish (like a pie plate). Stir to combine..
- Heat a large deep sided sautée pan over medium high heat. Add vegetable oil and 2 tbs of the butter..
- Lightly season both sides of each cube steak with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour to coat, gently tapping off excess so coating is nice and light..
- When oil and butter are nice and hot place cube steaks in pan. Cook 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside..
- Add mushrooms to pan. Sprinkle with thyme. Cook until mushrooms begin to soften, stirring frequently. About 5 minutes..
- Add remaining 2 tbs butter to pan. As soon as it melts stir in 4 tbs of the flour used to coat the cube steaks. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Wisk in beef broth. Increase heat to medium high. Bring to a simmer until gravy thickens, wisking frequently..
- As soon as gravy thickens return cube steaks to pan, turning to coat evenly with gravy. Reduce heat to low. Let rest 5 minutes for cube steaks to heat through and soak in some of that gravy..
- Serve with mashed potatoes and a side salad to complete your tasty meal. Enjoy!.
- Note: As always, taste for seasoning before serving. I usually give the mushrooms a light sprinkling of salt and pepper as they cook, but almost never add salt beyond that point. It's up to you to determine how you want it seasoned..
If you find this Cube Steak in Brown Mushroom Gravy recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.