Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you don’t wish to eat. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One heart-healthy alternative that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe. To make butternut squash and curry soup with chicken you only need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken:
- Take 1 of butternut squash.
- You need 1 of yellow onion.
- Use 1 clove of garlic.
- Use 48 oz of vegetable stock.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk (plus more for garnish).
- Provide 1 tbs of brown sugar.
- Get 2 tbs of yellow curry paste (more or less depending on taste).
- Take 2 of chicken breast’s (optional).
- Provide 1 tbs of cumin (for chicken).
- Use 1 tbs of turmeric (for chicken).
- Provide 1 tbs of onion powered (for chicken).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground ginger (for chicken).
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon (for chicken).
- Take of Olive oil (see directions).
Instructions to make Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken:
- Pre heat oven to 400° then roast the butternut squash. I usually cut it in half, poke holes in it then microwave each half for 4 minutes. I then remove the skin, dice it into chunks, and cover them in olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Then put it in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until the squash is soft.
- Dice the onion and put it in an oiled pan with the clove of garlic. Sauté on medium heat until onion is caramelized..
- When the squash and onions are done, throw them into a stock pot and set them aside so you can prep your chicken..
- Cover the chicken breasts in olive oil and add salt and pepper. Then cover them in the dry spices and roast them in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes or until there is no pink in the middle. When the chicken is done, shred it and set it to the side..
- While the chicken is cooking, add the vegetable stock to the pot with your squash and onion and heat on medium low. You can also add your brown sugar and your curry paste. After the curry has been incorporated, you can use a hand blender to blend the chunks of squash and onions until the soup is smoothe..
- Add your can of coconut milk (be sure to shake it before opening the can).
- Ladle some of the warm soup into your bowl and add the chicken and some extra coconut milk if choose!.
If you find this Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.