Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Spiced parsnip soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Spiced parsnip soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spiced parsnip soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, simply making some modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you probably pick out many items out of habit. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spiced parsnip soup recipe. To cook spiced parsnip soup you only need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Spiced parsnip soup:
- Use 3 cloves of garlic.
- Use 1 of small onion.
- Get 4 of parsnips.
- Take 3 of carrots.
- Get 1 of potato.
- Take 1 teaspoon of whole cumin.
- Use 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes (adjust to taste).
- Provide 500 ml of stock.
- Prepare 3 handfuls of leafy greens (I used broad bean tops).
- Provide 400 ml of coconut milk.
Steps to make Spiced parsnip soup:
- Rough chop the vegetables..
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once they start to pop add the garlic, onions and turmeric..
- Cook the onions for a few minutes before adding the rest of the vegetables and stock..
- Put a lid on the pan and leave it to boil until the vegetables are cooked..
- Mash the vegetables with a potato masher. If you prefer a smoother soup you could blend it here..
- Add the leafy greens and coconut milk and continue cooking..
- Enjoy! Maybe even with a sandwich..
If you find this Spiced parsnip soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.