Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Greek Stuffed Tomatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Greek Stuffed Tomatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are a lot of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out some small changes.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already believe that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to greek stuffed tomatoes recipe. To cook greek stuffed tomatoes you only need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Greek Stuffed Tomatoes:
- Prepare 6 of Large vine/beef tomatoes.
- Get 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 6 of Jumbo red spring onions finely chopped.
- Use 150 g of Microwave wholegrain rice.
- Take 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Parsley.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oregano.
- Use of Zest 1 lemon.
- You need 150 g of feta cheese.
Steps to make Greek Stuffed Tomatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Cut the tops off the tomatoes and, using a teaspoon, carefully scoop out the soft pulp and seeds and transfer to a bowl. Put the tomato shells into a baking dish or roasting tin that's large enough to hold all of the tomatoes sitting upright. (Bun tins work well too!) Set aside with the tops of the tomatoes until ready to bake..
- Put the rice in the microwave and cook for half the suggested time to get part cooked rice..
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a frying pan set over a low heat. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes until softened, without allowing it to brown. Roughly chop any larger pieces of reserved tomato pulp, then add to the pan with the part cooked rice, tomato purée and 100ml just-boiled water. Season well with salt and pepper..
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and allow to cook for 12 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat and stir in parsley, oregano and lemon zest..
- Crumble feta into rice mixture and stir until evenly mixed through..
- Fill the prepared tomato shells with the rice mixture and return the tops..
- Drizzle with the remaining oil, cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Serve warm from the oven or at room temperature.
If you find this Greek Stuffed Tomatoes recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.