Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Lasagna Casserole recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lasagna Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lasagna Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that give You Energy.
Ingesting healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. When we eat more healthy snacks and a lesser amount of of the detrimental ones we typically feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for treats between meals. You can spend hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
Certain foods made from whole grains are excellent for a fast snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the morning. Eating on the run can easily be much healthier with whole fiber chips and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than processed grains present in white bread.
You do not have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lasagna casserole recipe. To cook lasagna casserole you need 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Lasagna Casserole:
- Take 16 oz of uncooked pasta, shape is your choice. I use elbow mac, rotini, or penne. If you can find mini lasagna noodles go for it, bow tie works good too.
- Prepare 2 cups of or so Mozzarella cheese for topping.
- Provide of Sauce.
- Use 2 lbs of ground meat, personally we like 1/2 beef and 1/2 venison. You could use pork, turkey, sausage, whatever.
- Take 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, if your meat lacks fat.
- Take 1/2 of large onion, diced.
- You need 3-4 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried basil, oregano, and parsley.
- Use 44 oz of jar of pasta sauce, and a little water to rinse out the jar.
- Provide 6 oz of can of tomato paste (optional for more intense tomato flavor).
- Provide 1 tbsp of cooking sherry.
- Provide 1-2 tbsp of red wine vinegar (cuts the sweetness).
- Provide Pinch of sugar to bring flavors together.
- Prepare of Cheese filling layer.
- Take 24 oz of cottage cheese or ricotta (full fat tastes best).
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Get 2 tbsp of parsley.
- Take 1/2 tsp of pepper (use slightly more if coarse ground).
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- Get 8 oz of shredded Mozzarella cheese.
Steps to make Lasagna Casserole:
- Bring large pot of water to boil, salt water and cook noodles to al dente. Drain and set aside..
- Brown meat, and as meat is getting close to done add in onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until onions are getting translucent, and add herbs (oregano, parsley, and basil). Then add pasta sauce and tomato paste if using. Stir well together, add the vinegar and sherry. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, add the sugar, then let simmer together for an hour. Watch bottom of pan that it doesn't scorch..
- Heat oven to 375. Put your cheese and two eggs into a bowl, beat together until smooth (important for if you use cottage cheese instead of ricotta, helps smooth out out. Cottage cheese also spreads easier during assembly). Stir in pepper, parsley, and parmesan. Finally mix in Mozzarella cheese..
- Once all your components are assembled, spray a 11×16 casserole pan with cooking spray. You will assemble starting with 1/3 of the noodles, 1/3 of the sauce, and 1/2 of cheese mixture. Repeat the layers, and end with last third of noodles topped with sauce. Finally spread 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese over top of the casserole..
- Cover with foil, bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes, if you want the cheese on top browned and slightly more crispy put under the broiler for a hot minute. Allow to cool for 10 minutes to set up before dishing up. Feed to hungry children and husband!.
If you find this Lasagna Casserole recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.