Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Mom's Holiday Brisket recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mom's Holiday Brisket recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mom's Holiday Brisket recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Snacks.
We all know that having healthy foods can help us really feel better within our bodies. We have a tendency to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a portion of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging when it’s snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
Foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a fast snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Eating on the run may be healthier with whole fiber chips and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than processed grains found in white bread.
You will not have to look far to locate a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mom's holiday brisket recipe. You can have mom's holiday brisket using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mom's Holiday Brisket:
- Get 5 lb of Whole or first cut or top cut brisket (could be 4-5 lbs).
- Get 2 large of or 4 smaller onions, sliced thinly.
- Take 8 of Carrots, sliced on diagonal, or even more if you wish.
- Get 1/2 of Bottle of red wine if whole cut. Add whole bottle if dryer top cut..
- Provide 1 of Pepper sprinkled on both sides..
- Provide 1 of Garlic powder sprinkled on both sides.
- You need 1 of Dried thyme sprinkled on both sides.
- Provide 1 of Onion powder sprinkled on both sides.
- Prepare 8 of Allspice berries.
- Provide 3 of Bay leaves.
- You need 1/2 envelope of Onion soup mix.
- You need 8 of Mushrooms, washed and quartered.
- Prepare 8 oz of Can tomato paste.
- Provide 1 of Very small amount of olive oil.
Steps to make Mom's Holiday Brisket:
- If you have a whole cut, ask butcher to trim some fat off. If not, trim it yourself. Leave a thin layer for flavor. Wash and dry brisket. Sprinkle pepper, garlic, onion powder and thyme over both sides of brisket. Put small amount of olive oil in bottom of roaster. If necessary, slice brisket in half to fit. Note: after its done, brisket will have shrunk about 1/5-1/4, so judge whether you need to cut it. Turn burners on stove onto medium, and place roaster on burners. Brown brisket on both sides. If your roaster isn't flame-proof, brown it in something that is..
- Place sliced onions on bottom of roaster, and place brisket on top of it. Sprinkle carrots and mushrooms (if using) under, and around brisket. Sprinkle onion soup mix over meat. Pour red wine over all. Spoon tomato paste around brisket, and mix with wine as best you can. Add remaining ingredients around meat. Take sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil, and seal tightly all around. Place in 350°F oven for 90 minutes, and take out, open and flip. Check liquid level. If it seems to be drying out, or at some time in oven smells like it is (burning smell), add more Warner or beef broth..
- After first 90 minutes, flip and bake for another 90 minutes. Take out of oven after 3 hours, and cool for 10 minutes or so. Take out of pan and place on cutting board with runnels to catch the liquid. Brisket now needs to be sliced across the grain. If you have doubts as to where this is, ask butcher when you first purchase it. Slice meat thinly, and place each on plate. When done. Slide. Slicers into liquid and recover with foil tightly. Bake for 1 hour more..
- It is best to make this the day before, and refrigerate overnight. You can lift off any fat very easily. I always slice, then refrigerate overnight, and finish the the last hour of cooking tome on the day I want to serve it. Delicious, even when it falls apart. I even freeze any leftover gravy to use later. Serves approximately 10-12, especially if you have a 5lb.brisket. Takes 4 hours in total.
If you find this Mom's Holiday Brisket recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.