Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Butternut Squash Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut Squash Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Choosing to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re incessantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically assume that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out several simple changes.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically alter your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make major changes, but the most important thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating selections. Soon enough, you will find that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Like many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut squash soup recipe. To make butternut squash soup you need 10 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Butternut Squash Soup:
- You need of Butternut squash.
- Provide of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Onion.
- Get of Bulb of garlic (if you really like garlic use the whole bulb).
- Prepare of Celery.
- Provide of Carrot.
- Prepare of Thyme (3 sprigs tied in a bundle).
- Get of Rosemary (1 sprig).
- Take of Freshly grated nutmeg.
- You need of Water.
Instructions to make Butternut Squash Soup:
- Preheat oven to 425..
- Cut butternut squash length-wise so it's cut evenly in half..
- Remove seeds using a spoon or your fingers..
- Poke holes in meat side of squash..
- Salt and pepper the meat side liberally..
- Drizzle half the olive oil over the squash.
- Place squash on a tray and roast meat side up for 1 hour..
- While the squash is in oven, preheat a large pot to medium-high heat..
- Add remaining olive oil to pot.
- Julienne onion. Size doesn't matter. Add to the pot and stir..
- Cut celery and carrot. Again size doesn't matter..
- Add salt and pepper and the bundle of tied up thyme..
- Chop rosemary. Again size doesn't matter. But the smaller the better. And add to pot.
- Grate the nutmeg into a small dish and add to vegetables..
- Sauté the vegetables (mirepoix) for roughly 5 minutes until some color develops..
- Add water and let simmer on med heat for about 45 min or so..
- When the squash is done roasting let it rest for 10-15 min. By then the stock should be about ready. Turn it off..
- The skin of the squash should peel off easily. Skin it and add to a blender. You might need to do half the squash depending on the size of the blender. If you only do half the squash only add half the stock with all the vegetables (take the thyme binder out before blending).
- BE CAREFUL WHEN BLENDING!!! Blending hot ingredients may cause the soup to splatter out of the blender!!! Blend on slowest speed first then increase. Blend all the ingredients. Depending on how thick you like it you might need to add more water. Same goes for salt and pepper. Try the soup before serving. It doesn't need any cream to make it creamy. It's hearty and creamy without any dairy..
- On a last note I don't like to waste anything. Meaning those seeds that came from the squash are quite yummy. You can use them in the soup. Roast them at 300°F until they get a little color or you can start to smell them while roasting..
If you find this Butternut Squash Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.