Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Vitality Snacks.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy snacks can help us feel better in our bodies. If we eat more healthy snacks and a smaller amount of the bad ones we generally feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a portion of pizza. Choosing healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to make you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
One of the most popular snack foods is yogurt. Sometimes people choose to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the greatest idea. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the best things you can reach for. It is a protein-rich source of wholesome nutritional vitamins. Yogurt is very easy for the body to digest and, dependent on the type of culture used to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help normalize your digestive system. Try putting in some wholesome nuts to unsweetened low fat yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an uncomplicated way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a yummy snack.
You do not have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta recipe. To make jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta you need 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- Get of dry split green peas.
- Prepare of smoked bacon slices.
- You need of bacon fat.
- Get of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide of onions, small diced.
- Take of carrot, small diced.
- You need of celery, small diced.
- Provide of fresh thyme leaves.
- Provide of fresh oregano, chopped.
- Take of basil leaves cut in strips.
- You need of chicken cube chicken bouillon.
- You need of salt.
- Use of ground black pepper.
- Get of pork stock, chicken stock or water.
- Provide of feta cheese bruscheta.
- You need of baguette bread slices.
- Take of olive oil.
- Get of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need of smoked bacon slices cooked and diced.
- Get of feta cheese, small diced.
- You need of chopped oregano.
- Take of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need of paprika powder.
Steps to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together..
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender..
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more..
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano..
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown..
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips..
If you find this JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.