Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you presently are eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta recipe. You can cook jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- Provide of dry split green peas.
- Prepare of smoked bacon slices.
- Use of bacon fat.
- You need of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare of onions, small diced.
- Get of carrot, small diced.
- Take of celery, small diced.
- Take of fresh thyme leaves.
- Provide of fresh oregano, chopped.
- Use of basil leaves cut in strips.
- Get of chicken cube chicken bouillon.
- You need of salt.
- Get of ground black pepper.
- Use of pork stock, chicken stock or water.
- Provide of feta cheese bruscheta.
- You need of baguette bread slices.
- Take of olive oil.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide of smoked bacon slices cooked and diced.
- Prepare of feta cheese, small diced.
- You need of chopped oregano.
- You need of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need of paprika powder.
Steps to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together..
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender..
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more..
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano..
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown..
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips..
If you find this JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.