Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Pinoy-style Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pinoy-style Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pinoy-style Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Energy.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. When we eat more healthy snacks and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This is often a problem, nevertheless, in terms of eating between snacks. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to make you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
While searching for a convenient healthy snack, do not forget about yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a nutritious larger lunch is not a good idea. Low fat yogurt would make a amazing snack, nonetheless. Along with calcium, it’s a good supplier of protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is frequently eaten to help manage the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by many people. Fast hint: select unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an easy way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
You do not have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pinoy-style onion soup recipe. To make pinoy-style onion soup you need 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Pinoy-style Onion Soup:
- Take 3 each of Large red onions.
- Provide 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Get 1 pinch of Salt.
- Use 1 pinch of Ground black pepper.
- Get 1/2 stick of Butter.
- Take 2 tbsp of Canned sliced mushrooms (optional).
- Prepare 1 liter of Water.
- Use 1 each of Beef or chicken bouillon cube.
- You need 4 each of Medium-sized eggs.
- You need 3 each of Stale or day-old pan de sal.
Instructions to make Pinoy-style Onion Soup:
- Peel and rinse the onions. Slice in half and slice each half into crescents before cutting in half again..
- Heat your soup pan and melt the butter until slightly bubbly..
- Add in the onions and cook under low to medium heat, stirring occassionally until the onions are well-coated with butter..
- Add the sugar and salt and continue to cook under low heat until the onions turn a golden to dark brown. You may add the mushrooms and saute slightly at this point. IMPORTANT NOTE: Be patient if the caramelizing of the onion slices take a while. You do not want high heat and risk burning your onions. :).
- Add the water and bouillon cube. Alternatively, you can use beef or chicken stock if you have it available. *Note: Prepared store-bought stock is not readily available in the Philippines versus beef or chicken cubes, making this the usual option for Pinoy cooks. :).
- Keep at medium heat and boil for about 15-30 minutes, adding the ground pepper in and whatever additional spices you would like. The longer you boil, the more flavorful the soup will be..
- While the soup is simmering, slice your pan de sal (or bread of choice) horizontally into 1/4-inch thick slices. This will be your soup's "topping"..
- Turn off the heat once soup is cooked down to desired flavor..
- To serve, crack a whole egg into your soup bowl and pour your hot soup over it. Top with your bread slices..
If you find this Pinoy-style Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.