Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Cream of Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Cheese and Applewood Smoked Bacon recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Cream of Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Cheese and Applewood Smoked Bacon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cream of Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Cheese and Applewood Smoked Bacon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are many illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most people typically think that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can likewise be beneficial for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. Even though you may already consume a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
All in all, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cream of mushroom soup with parmesan cheese and applewood smoked bacon recipe. You can cook cream of mushroom soup with parmesan cheese and applewood smoked bacon using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Cream of Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Cheese and Applewood Smoked Bacon:
- Prepare 4 strips of Applewood smoked bacon- diced before cooking (any bacon will work).
- Prepare 2 ounces of oil.
- Prepare 8 Ounces of mushroom — sliced.
- Use 4 cloves of garlic — chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 of of sweet onion — diced.
- Get 2 of each shallots — finely chopped.
- Use 1 stalk of celery — chopped.
- Take 1/4 cup of flour.
- Take 4 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- Use 16 ounces of half and half.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon of ground sage.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of fennel seed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Use To taste of salt.
Steps to make Cream of Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Cheese and Applewood Smoked Bacon:
- In a sauce pan slowly brown off the bacon, remove bacon from the pan and reserve for later. Leave the bacon fat on the bottom for the next step..
- Add the oil, garlic, onions, shallots mushrooms and celery and cook until lightly caramelized about 5 minutes. do not burn :).
- Sprinkle all of the flour over the vegetable and stir about 1 minute, this is making a compound roux..
- Slowly add the chicken stock and half and half, then add the black pepper, sage, and fennel seed..
- Bring to a boil and then lightly simmer for 20-25 minutes. Stir as needed not to burn.
- Adjust the seasoning as needed with salt and pepper..
- Add the Parmesan cheese and bacon bits and mix together just before service..
If you find this Cream of Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Cheese and Applewood Smoked Bacon recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.