Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are a number of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most likely, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. In reality, however, just making a couple of minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
One way to address this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything straightaway or that you need to entirely do away with certain foods from your diet. Even more important than entirely altering your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Soon enough, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate previously.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simple cabbage & bean soup with pork recipe. To make simple cabbage & bean soup with pork you need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork:
- Take 1 pound of pork, cut into 1/2" cubes (I like shoulder, but you can use whatever cut you like.).
- Provide 1/2 Tablespoon of oil.
- Take 1 of small onion, diced.
- Take 2 of large carrots, peeled and cut into roughly 1/2"pieces (I find the peel can sometimes impart a slightly bitter flavor.).
- Provide 1 of large stem of celery, diced.
- Provide 4 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste + 1 teaspoon sugar OR 2 Tablespoons ketchup if you don't have tomato paste.
- Take 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- You need 8 cups of liquid (any mixture of water and unsalted stock you like).
- You need 2.5 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- Use 1 Tablespoon of apple cider or distilled white vinegar.
- You need 6 cups of chopped cabbage (roughly 1"pieces), about half a large head.
- Get 2 (15 oz.) of cans (OR one 28 oz. can) unsalted white beans, drained. (I used Northern. You can also use Navy or Cannellini.).
Steps to make Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork:
- In a large pot or stockpot, bring the oil up to medium high heat and brown the pork..
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic and saute for 2 or 3 minutes until the onions just start to turn translucent..
- Add bay leaf, thyme, and tomato paste (or ketchup), and give everything few good stirs. (This will give the tomato a chance to caramelize a bit.).
- Add liquid, salt, vinegar, and cabbage, give everything another few good stirs, turn the heat down to medium, and cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes..
- Turn heat down to medium low, add beans, stir them in, and cook, covered, for another 20 to 25 minutes. Adjust seasoning before the last 5 minutes of this cooktime to give all flavors a chance to meld..
- Enjoy! :).
If you find this Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.