Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Albondigas (Mexican meatball soup) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Albondigas (Mexican meatball soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Albondigas (Mexican meatball soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re incessantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making some small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
One way to approach this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything right away or that you should completely do away with certain foods from your diet. Even more important than completely changing your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. As you get accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to albondigas (mexican meatball soup) recipe. You can cook albondigas (mexican meatball soup) using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Albondigas (Mexican meatball soup):
- Prepare of For the soup.
- Prepare 1 of Big Pot.
- Prepare 2 lb of Ground beef.
- Get 7 of Carrots.
- Provide 4 lb of Yellow Potatoes.
- You need 8 oz of 2 cans of tomato sauce.
- Use 3 of zucchinis.
- Get 1 clove of of Garlic.
- Use 3/4 cup of finely chopped Mint Leaves.
- Use 2 of Eggs.
- Get 1 tsp of of salt.
- Get 3/4 cup of white rice.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Knorr.
- Prepare of oil.
- Prepare 3 of corn on the cobs cut in half ( if wanted).
Instructions to make Albondigas (Mexican meatball soup):
- First, grab a medium pot and boil the 3/4 cup of water. Once that's boiled pour in the 3/4 cup of rice, and the Knorr. Mix well, if the water is all gone, the rice should still be a little under cooked. Leave that aside so it can cool..
- Chop you carrots and potatoes. The potatoes can be chopped up in 4 pieces ( if you would like them smaller, then do so)..
- Grab a mixing bowl and put your, ground beef, salt, finely chopped mint leaves, eggs, and the white rice. Mix well together with your hands..
- Once you've mixed them together, start grabbing some of the mixture and roll it into a balls (as big as you want)..
- Once you finish step 4. Grab your pot add some oil just enough to cover up the bottom. Add your garlic and let the oil bubble..
- Once the oil starts to bubble add the 2 cans of tomato sauce. Then add in water just half way of the pot. Let that boil for a bit..
- If you would like to add corn to this recipe, add it around the same time as the carrots and potatoes..
- Add in your carrots and potatoes ( if you cut your potatoes into smaller pieces, then add them in when you add your meat). Leave them to boil for about 5-10 minutes..
- Once the 5-10 minutes are up add in your meat. If there's not enough water left, then add as much as you need..
- While your meat is cooking, start cutting up your zucchinis..
- Around 20 minutes or so, check on the soup. Grab a fork and check your potatoes. If the fork goes through the potatoes, add in the cut zucchinis..
- Go back to the soup in 10-15 mins. Check the zucchinis. Poke your fork through a zucchini , if it goes through then your soup is completely done..
If you find this Albondigas (Mexican meatball soup) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.