Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are numerous diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a couple of modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken recipe. To make turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken you need 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- Provide 1 of FOR SOUP STOCK.
- You need 1 of Whole leftover roast turkey or chicken, all bones, scraps and bits and pieces.
- You need 2 of carrots, cut into chunks.
- Prepare 2 of stalks celery, cut into chunks.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Prepare 1 tsp of poultry seasoning.
- Take 1 tsp of thyme, dryed.
- Prepare 6 of black peppercorns or 1 teaspoon ground pepper.
- Get 3 of whole garlic cloves.
- Use 1 of ENOUGH LOW SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH TO COVER ALL STOCK INGREDIENTS! IT WILL VARY DEPENDING ON SIZE OF ROAST.
- Take 1 of FOR SOUP.
- Take 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- You need 10 of button mushrooms, sliced.
- Get 2 of celery stalks, sliced.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of 28 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 cup of bok choy, chopped.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Use 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Provide 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Use 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Provide 1 cup of or more of leftover turkey or chicken meat, cubed, or sometimes I make little turkey or chicken meatballs and add them to the finished soup.
- Take 1 cup of cooked rice or pasta such as egg noodles, or what type you prefer, I used a wild rice blend this time..
- Prepare 2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
Steps to make Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- FOR STOCK.
- Combine all stock ingredients in a large stockpot, being sure everthings covered with broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 to 3 hours, with a cover ajar to allow for broth to reduce somewhat..
- Strain stock through a fine strainer to a clean large bowl, discard solids..
- At this point you need to degrease stock, the simple way is to chill overnight and just remove and discard top layer of fat, or you can skim it off with a ladel if you do not want to wait..
- FOR SOUP.
- In a medium saucepan, melt a tablespoon butter, add mushrooms and soften add onions and garlic, carrots, celery tomaotes with the juice from the can, thyme, pepper, hot sauce, broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered untl vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile bring your strained stock to a simmer in a large stockpot, add cooked vegetables and all liquid left with them and combine and simmer add bok choy, the cooked rice or pasta and cubed cooked meat, heat through, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve hot!.
If you find this Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.