Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for French tomato soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best French tomato soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French tomato soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Choosing to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that many people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by implementing some modest changes.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to change everything immediately or that you have to altogether do away with certain foods from your diet. Even more important than completely modifying your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Sooner or later, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As with many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to revert to your old diet.
To sum up, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french tomato soup recipe. You can cook french tomato soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare French tomato soup:
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 6 large of tomatoes,peeled and quartered.
- Prepare 7 1/2 cup of water.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, pressed.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Get 1/2 cup of rice.
- Provide 2 tsp of vegeta, for seasoning.
- Get 1 large of potato, peeled and diced.
Instructions to make French tomato soup:
- melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. saute onions in the butter until tender and lightly browned, about 10min.
- add the tomatoes and continue cooking for 10 more minutes, stirring frequently. sometimes I have really lazy days and dont feel like peeling and cutting the tomatoes if your having a day like that sometimes I use two 800mL cans of diced tomatoes..
- add the potato and 3 cups of water..
- season with the bay leaf, garlic, salt and Vegeta. bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered for about 15-20min..
- stir in the remaining water and bring to a boil again. discard bay leaf. you may strain the solids and puree the vegetables in food processor or blender and stir them back or you may just leave as it is depending on how you like your soup..
- add the rice cover and simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes or until rice is tender. serve hot and with shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
If you find this French tomato soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.