Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tinned Tomato, Red Onion & Red Lentil soup (with ham stock & bits or vegetarian alternative) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tinned Tomato, Red Onion & Red Lentil soup (with ham stock & bits or vegetarian alternative) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically change your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make major changes, but the most crucial thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating selections. Sooner or later, you will likely see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you will not want to eat the old diet.
All in all, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tinned tomato, red onion & red lentil soup (with ham stock & bits or vegetarian alternative) recipe. To make tinned tomato, red onion & red lentil soup (with ham stock & bits or vegetarian alternative) you need 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tinned Tomato, Red Onion & Red Lentil soup (with ham stock & bits or vegetarian alternative):
- Take of vegetable oil.
- Use of red onions, chopped.
- You need of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare of carrots, diced small.
- Use of x 400 g tins chopped tomatoes.
- Take of sugar.
- Take of red lentils.
- Use of ham stock (use vegetable stock if preferred).
- Provide of dried thyme.
- Take of dried oregano.
- Prepare of diced bits of baked ham.
- You need of Salt.
- Get of Ground black pepper.
- Take of Crème fraîche (optional).
Instructions to make Tinned Tomato, Red Onion & Red Lentil soup (with ham stock & bits or vegetarian alternative):
- Heat the oil in a stock pot or large saucepan and gently fry the onions for 3 minutes. Stir only if needed to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic and continue frying for a further 2 minutes or until the onions are softened but not burnt. Stir very occasionally..
- Stir in the carrots, tomatoes and sugar, then the lentils and then the stock. Bring to the boil, stirring frequently but not too vigorously..
- Reduce to a fast simmer, cover and after 10 minutes stir thoroughly and add the herbs and diced ham. Simmer for a further 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste but be sparing with the salt in view of the ham stock..
- Whizz to your desired consistency or, as we do, leave it with the “bits” whole and the soup unthickened and serve piping hot with a dollop of crème fraîche per bowl (optional) and granary bread or a crusty roll..
If you find this Tinned Tomato, Red Onion & Red Lentil soup (with ham stock & bits or vegetarian alternative) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.