Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato sausage & cheese chowder recipe. You can cook potato sausage & cheese chowder using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder:
- Take 4 of med-large potatoes (red or russet).
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- Provide 1 of celery stalk chopped.
- Provide 1 of garlic clove minced.
- Get 1 of jalapeno diced.
- Use 6 of strips bacon.
- Provide 1 packages of cajun or kialbasa sausage.
- You need 1/2 lb of cubed ham pieces.
- Provide 6 cup of chicken broth.
- Use 1 can of cream of chedder cheese soup.
- Prepare 1 can of kernel corn drained.
- Provide 1 of salt, white pepper, garlic powder & cajun seasoning to taste.
- Use 1 tsp of italian seasoning.
- Get 1 pints of half and half.
- Use 1 cup of pepper jack or mexican blend cheese.
- Provide 1 cup of velveeta cheese.
- Use 1 of regular milk if needed to thin out chowder.
Instructions to make Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder:
- In large pot, brown chopped bacon till crispy, then remove to paper towel to drain..
- In same pot, keep the bacon grease and start to lightly brown sausage that is cut into 1/2 inch pieces then cut in half. Along with cubed ham..
- Once meat has cooked for a minute or two add in chopped up onion, celery and garlic and jalapeno. Saute with meat till veggies are tender. Add in diced potatoes and saute for a few minutes, this helps incorporate more flavor into the potato to me..
- Add in chicken broth and dried seasonings & can drained corn. Stir to incorporate. (If using red I like to leave skin on)Medium diced..
- If needed add some water or more chicken broth to cover potatoes then bring potatoes to a boil then lower to low and once potatoes are fork tender..
- Lower heat to lowest setting and add in half & half, soup,cheeses and simmer for about 20 minutes. Top with cooked bacon, shredded cheese and green onion. Serve hot.
- **SUBSTITUTES**–If you do not like spicy, you can leave out one or more the jalapeno, Cajun seasoning, and for sausage & cheese you can use mild sausage, I like kielbasa and for cheese you can do Mexican blend or any cheese you like over the pepper jack..
If you find this Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.