Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that many people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, just making a couple of modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. It could be that you already think that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Obviously, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pea soup recipe. To make pea soup you only need 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pea Soup:
- Use 1 lb of Dried Split Peas.
- Take 2 of quartz water.
- Use 1.5 lb of ham steak; diced.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Use 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Provide 1 Package (2 links) of Eckrich skinless smoked sausage; halved & chopped.
- Provide 2 Stalks of Celery; peeled & chopped.
- Provide 3 of Carrots; peeled & chopped.
- Take 1/2 bag of golden baby potatoes; quartered.
- Use 2 of yellow onions; diced.
Steps to make Pea Soup:
- In a large dutch oven add peas and 2qts water.
- Simmer for 2 min, turn off heat, cover and let soak for 1 hour (or soak peas overnight).
- Add ham, onion, salt and pepper.
- Cover, bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and simmer covered, gently, for 90 minutes; stir often.
- Add sausage, celery, carrots, and potatoes.
- Cover and simmer gently for 30 min, or until potatoes are tender; stir often.
If you find this Pea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.