Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a lot of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re constantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making some small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe. To cook easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo you need 27 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo:
- Take of broccoli or 2-3 broccoli stems.
- Get of Zucchini.
- Get of asparagus.
- Take of carrots or 1 cup of frozen peas (for bulk).
- Use of Kale, Bok Choy, Collard greens or a combinaton.
- You need of Celery stick.
- Provide of small leek.
- Use of Shallots or 1 large / 2 medium onions.
- You need of Garlic.
- Take of Vegetable (or chicken) stock or water (more if more vegetables).
- Use of Bayleaf.
- Get of kaffir lime leaf.
- You need of – 300g Fresh spinach.
- Take of For spices / garnish.
- You need of Kaffir like leaf or 1 tbs lime zest.
- Use of Bay leaves.
- Use of Lemongrass paste or 2 lemongrass sticks.
- Use of Galangal or ginger or 1 thumb-size fresh ginger, chopped.
- Provide of Sweet basil.
- Take of oregano.
- Use of thyme.
- You need of mint.
- Prepare of chives (optional).
- Get of Optional: 1 low-sodium, organic vegetable stock cube.
- Take of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of Olive oil or Ghee (to saute onions, garlic & leak).
- Provide of fresh parsley (replace with dry if not available).
Instructions to make Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo:
- Chop up all vegetables for the soup. You will add them to the water in order of 'hardness' as not to overcook softer vegetables..
- Put Ghee or olive oil in a pan and saute onion / shallots and garlic on medium fire, stirring the entire time. Cook until onion / shallots become clear, but not brow. Add leak and ginger (if fresh) and saute for another 3-4 minutes..
- Add vegetable stock and 'hard' vegetables – carrots, broccoli stems, peas, etc + any vegetables that are frozen..
- Add all the spices and herbs, with the exception of fresh parsley..
- Cook on low-medium fire until the hardest vegetable (eg carrot) is soft enough to pierce with a fork but still crunchy. Add medium hard vegetables, such as broccoli, Kale, asparagus. Note: Asparagus stems need to cook longer than asparagus tips. Cook for 3-4 few minutes and then add zucchini. Cook until broccoli can be pierced with a fork. Add more water if required throughout cooking..
- Add spinach and cook until it wilts – should not be more than 2 minutes so that it stays green. This adds wonderful green colour to the soup. Note: if using frozen spinach, add it at the same time as zucchini..
- Turn off the heat and let it cool to room temperature..
- Combine the cooked ingredients in the blender with a generous amount of fresh parsley and purée until desired consistency..
- Garnish with sprouts, seeds, or flaked almonds. You can also add a tablespoon or two of cooked quinoa for a filling full-meal..
- The soup freezes extremely well so you can apportion it to desired quantities and take out during the week. (you may need to add water once heated up).
If you find this Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.