Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Cube Steak in Brown Mushroom Gravy recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Cube Steak in Brown Mushroom Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cube Steak in Brown Mushroom Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, just making some modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food as you most likely pick out lots of items out of habit. As an example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cube steak in brown mushroom gravy recipe. You can have cube steak in brown mushroom gravy using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Cube Steak in Brown Mushroom Gravy:
- Get 4 pieces of cube steak.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Get 1 tbs of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Get 4 tbs of butter – divided.
- Prepare 2 tbs of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 12 oz of button mushrooms – sliced.
- Get 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef broth.
- Use to taste of Additional salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Cube Steak in Brown Mushroom Gravy:
- Place flour, seasoned salt, and pepper in a wide, shallow dish (like a pie plate). Stir to combine..
- Heat a large deep sided sautée pan over medium high heat. Add vegetable oil and 2 tbs of the butter..
- Lightly season both sides of each cube steak with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour to coat, gently tapping off excess so coating is nice and light..
- When oil and butter are nice and hot place cube steaks in pan. Cook 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside..
- Add mushrooms to pan. Sprinkle with thyme. Cook until mushrooms begin to soften, stirring frequently. About 5 minutes..
- Add remaining 2 tbs butter to pan. As soon as it melts stir in 4 tbs of the flour used to coat the cube steaks. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Wisk in beef broth. Increase heat to medium high. Bring to a simmer until gravy thickens, wisking frequently..
- As soon as gravy thickens return cube steaks to pan, turning to coat evenly with gravy. Reduce heat to low. Let rest 5 minutes for cube steaks to heat through and soak in some of that gravy..
- Serve with mashed potatoes and a side salad to complete your tasty meal. Enjoy!.
- Note: As always, taste for seasoning before serving. I usually give the mushrooms a light sprinkling of salt and pepper as they cook, but almost never add salt beyond that point. It's up to you to determine how you want it seasoned..
If you find this Cube Steak in Brown Mushroom Gravy recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.