Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Jamaican chicken soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Jamaican chicken soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jamaican chicken soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Deciding to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who suffer from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that many people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you no longer wish to eat. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One healthy option that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jamaican chicken soup recipe. To cook jamaican chicken soup you only need 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Jamaican chicken soup:
- Use 1 bunch of fresh thyme.
- Provide 2 of spring onions.
- Provide 1 of medium carrot.
- Use 4 pieces of chicken on bone.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Take 2 tablespoons of chicken powder.
- Provide 1 of grace chicken noodle soup mix.
- You need 1 of lump of butter.
- Get 1 of scotch bonnet.
- Provide 7 of white flesh sweet potatoes small.
- Provide 3 of medium potatoes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pimento berries or all spice berries.
- Get Half of a medium pumpkin.
- Provide 1 of medium cassava.
- You need 2 of spring onions.
- Get 2 of corn on the cob.
- Use of Dumplings.
- You need 250 g of flour.
- Prepare of Water.
- Take 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
Instructions to make Jamaican chicken soup:
- Peel and cube the pumpkin And remove the seeds. Place in boiled water until soft and remove from the water. Keep the water in the pot. Mash the soft pumpkin and place it back in the pot of water..
- Add the washed chicken pieces in to the pot, along with the thyme, spring onions, pimento beans or all spice berries (I used all spice). Poke a little hole in the scotch bonnet and add to the pot. You might want to remove the scotch bonnet after 20 mins to avoid it being too spicy. I kept mine in..
- Peel and cut the potatoes, Carrot, cassava and cut sweet corn. Rinse and then put these in the pot also. Also add the packet of grace chicken noodle soup mix..
- Whilst this is cooking, prepare the dumplings. Place the flour and salt in a bowl and mix with a bit of water. It should start to form a dough. Add more flour if too sticky. Once the dough is less sticky, start to knead it and create little long sticks. Put these into the pot too..
- The potatoes and cassava pieces should now be soft. Add in the butter and chicken powder. Add additional seasoning to suit your tastes. I used butter, salt and chicken powder for mine and it was perfect..
- Enjoy! 😋😋😋.
If you find this Jamaican chicken soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.