Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all probability, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out some simple changes.
You can see results without eliminating foods from your diet or make considerable changes immediately. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. In time, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to return to your old diet.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. To cook chicken tortilla soup you only need 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Prepare 1 of large yellow or white onion chopped.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic minced.
- Provide 1 of carrot diced.
- Prepare 1 of Poblano pepper diced.
- Prepare 5 of corn tortillas cut into 1 inch pieces.
- You need 3/4 cup of frozen corn.
- Use 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Provide 1 can of diced tomatoes 14.5 oz. can.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Use 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Take 1 tsp of pepper.
- Get 2 tbsp of olive oil or veg oil.
- Provide 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Provide of chicken ingredients.
- Prepare 6 of chicken tenders.
- Get 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Provide 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil or veg oil.
Instructions to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- For the chicken tenders, add all ingredients under chicken ingredients to a zip lock bag and marinade for 20 min minimum..
- Saute chicken in sautee pan on medium high heat. No need to add oil, there is plenty in the marinade. About 4 min the first side and about 3 min the second until golden brown. Let rest for a couple minutes before slicing and dicing to serve over soup as the topping..
- For the soup….Sautee in oil the carrots, poblano pepper and onion on medium high heat about 7 to 10 minutes til translucent..
- When translucent add garlic, stir and cook for 30 seconds..
- Add tomatoe paste and stir until incorporated into veggies. Add salt, pepper and cumin. Stir..
- Add cilantro, chicken stock, diced tomatoes, corn and tortillas. Stir and turn to low medium heat. Cook for 20 min..
- Turn off stove, using a hand blender, blend until desired consistency. I do it half way so there is texture. If you choose a creamier and smoother texture then keep going. You can also use a stand blender mixing in batches..
- You can choose to top with ingriendents such as sour cream, avocado, chopped cilantro, lime or shredded cheese and of course your chicken! For extra texture garnish with crushed tortilla chips..
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.