Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southwest-style chicken soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwest-style chicken soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making a few modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. It could be that you already believe that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southwest-style chicken soup recipe. You can have southwest-style chicken soup using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Southwest-style chicken soup:
- Prepare 2 of chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Get 1 of large sweet onion, chopped.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Provide 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Use 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Get 1/4 tsp of cayenne powder.
- Use 1/4 tsp of chipotle powder.
- Use 1-28 oz of can diced tomatoes, including juice.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1-14 oz of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Get 1 cup of sweet corn kernels.
- Take of Garnishes.
- Prepare of Cilantro, chopped.
- Get of Jalapeno pepper, chopped.
- Provide of Avocado, sliced.
- Prepare of Sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Get of Lime wedges.
- Get of Tortillas, crisped.
- Get of Cheddar cheese, grated.
Instructions to make Southwest-style chicken soup:
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1/2 cm strips. In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oregano, a good pinch of salt, several grinds of black pepper, and a glug of olive oil..
- Put a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry until no pink remains, about 3 minutes..
- Add the onion and garlic. Continue frying until the chicken and onion are browned and caramelized, about 5 minutes..
- Sprinkle on the spices. Toss to coat, then fry 2 minutes..
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and black beans. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add the corn and simmer 1 more minute. Adjust the seasoning as required. Serve hot, with garnishes on the side..
If you find this Southwest-style chicken soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.