Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vietnamese-style Pho Noodle Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vietnamese-style Pho Noodle Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re incessantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out some small changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most likely pick out a lot of items out of habit. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. One heart-healthy alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vietnamese-style pho noodle soup recipe. To make vietnamese-style pho noodle soup you only need 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vietnamese-style Pho Noodle Soup:
- Prepare of Soup.
- Take 8 cups (1.9 liters) of vegetable, chicken, or beef stock (Japanese stock works well too).
- Get 4 of star anise.
- Use 4 of whole cloves.
- Use 1 of cinnamon stick (about 3 in).
- Provide 1 of thumb-sized piece fresh ginger.
- Use 1 of onion, cut in quarters.
- Get 2-4 Tbsp of Fish sauce or soy sauce to taste.
- Get of Noodles and Garnishes.
- Provide 4 of serving pho noodles or rice vermicelli.
- You need of Black pepper (optional).
- Get 1 handful of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of fresh lime cut in wedges.
- Get 1 dash of your favorite hot chilis (optional).
- You need 300 g of boneless chicken cut in slices or for a vegetarian option, try fried tofu.
Instructions to make Vietnamese-style Pho Noodle Soup:
- In a large pot, add the stock, star anise, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, and onion. Bring to a boil, turn to low, then simmer with the lid on for 45 to 1 hour..
- Strain out the spices and onion, then add 2 Tbsp of fish sauce or soy sauce. Taste the soup and add more if needed (it depends on the kind of sauce you use). * You can do up to this step ahead of time and then just reheat the soup when you are ready to eat..
- Add some of the soup to a smaller pot and bring to a simmer. Add the sliced meat and cook for 2-3 minutes. If using fried tofu, skip this step. (You can do this in the large pot too, but I found it easier to dish out the meat evenly if it was separate, or if you are not eating all 4 servings).
- If using fried tofu, grill it a bit in a frying pan (no oil needed) and cut into thin slices. Put on top of the soup just before serving..
- Prepare the noodles according to the directions and drain. Some packages tell you to chill the noodles in cold water, but it makes the soup cold so I recommend keeping the noodles hot! (Just make sure you do this just before adding the soup, or else they noodles will stick together)..
- Divide the noodles among deep soup bowls and dish out the soup with the meat over the noodles..
- Garnish with fresh lime, chopped chilis, and black pepper. Put the fish sauce/soy sauce at the table in case you need more. Dig in!.
If you find this Vietnamese-style Pho Noodle Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.