Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Snack foods.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a role in a more healthy feeling. A salad allows us to feel better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have so many options. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
Just about the most popular snacks is low fat yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch just isn’t a good idea. Low fat yogurt helps make a amazing snack, nonetheless. It is a protein-rich source of healthy nutritional vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your gastrointestinal system work correctly depending upon the culture used to create it. Yogurt mixes beautifully with nuts and seeds. It’s an excellent approach to enjoy a flavorful snack without too much sugar.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli cheese soup recipe. You can have broccoli cheese soup using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- You need of butter.
- Get of onion, chopped.
- Use of handful of baby carrots chopped.
- Prepare of celery stalks, diced.
- Prepare of chicken broth.
- Prepare of half and half.
- Use of milk.
- Prepare of fresh broccoli, chopped.
- Use of cornstarch.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Provide of dried thyme.
- Take of nutmeg.
- Use of Velveeta cheese, cubed.
- Take of shredded cheddar cheese + additional for garnish.
- You need of salt.
Steps to make Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- In a stock pot, melt butter over medium heat..
- Saute onion in butter until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in chicken broth, half and half, broccoli, carrots and celery. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is soft and tender..
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch. Pour the mixture into the soup pot and stir until soup starts to thicken 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in pepper, garlic powder, thyme, nutmeg and salt..
- I placed an immersion blender in the pot to blend it, but it's totally your call. I prefer it a little smoother..
- Drop the heat to low and stir in Velveeta and cheddar cheese. Continue stirring until all of the cheese has melted..
- Top each bowl of soup with a little extra shredded cheddar cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy!.
If you find this Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.