Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Raising Snack foods.
We are all aware that consuming healthy meals can help us really feel better inside our bodies. Increasing our daily allowance of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy types plays a part in a more healthy feeling. A piece of pizza does not make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. Finding snacks that help us feel better and boost our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting treat.
Consider eating almonds if you don’t are afflicted by nut allergies. As an all-in-one vitality booster, almonds provide many health rewards. Almonds are a natural way to obtain B vitamins along with other vitamins and minerals. They do, however, contain tryptophan-the same enzyme that renders you tired after eating turkey. When it comes to almonds, however, they wont cause you to really miss a nap. Alternatively they will just help your muscles and gastrointestinal system relax while also helping you feel less burned out. Occasionally eating almonds can also be a mood increaser!
You can find lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli cheddar soup recipe. To cook broccoli cheddar soup you need 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- You need of large onion, roughly chopped.
- Prepare of garlic,minced.
- Get of carrots, diced to the size of your liking.
- Get of butter.
- Get of flour.
- Get of bay leaf.
- You need of half and half.
- Get of chicken stock*.
- Use of broccoli crowns.
- Take of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Get of salt.
- Get of pepper.
- Provide of cream cheese.
Steps to make Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- Melt butter in a large, heavy duty saucepan..
- Sauté onion and carrot on medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Sweating them down. Add minced garlic..
- Add flour. Stir flour into veggies. Turn heat down if browning too fast. You want to be able to cook the flour for about 5minutes..
- Add half and half..
- Add chicken stock. *If you like your soup thin, add all 4 cups. If you like a thicker soup,just add 3 cups..
- Add bay leaf..
- This is where I add my salt and pepper. I start out with 1tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. You can adjust to your preference..
- Bring soup up to a gentle boil, medium-high heat..let simmer for 10 minutes..
- At this point, I use my immersion blender. I've got kids that would die if they knew onions were in this. This way, you dont sacrifice flavor over the tastes of picky eaters..
- I threw about 1/2 tsp salt in and dumped my broccoli in. My broccoli was mostly florets,but I also left a head, with more stalks…for texture. Completely up to you…
- I lightly simmered, for 20 minutes. Or until your broccoli is tender..
- Remove bay leaf..
- Once you have tender broccoli, remove a couple cups of broccoli to a bowl. I used the immersion blender again, in the soup..
- Return the chunks of broccoli to the soup..
- Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese..
- Stir all that yummy cheese until it melts into the soup. 😆.
- Ladle up and enjoy!! I served this in bread bowls. Delicious!.
If you find this Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.