Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? A great healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe. To cook southwest beef 'n' bean soup you need 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Southwest beef 'n' bean soup:
- Get of olive oil.
- Provide of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- Get of garlic, minced.
- You need of celery, diced.
- Provide of carrots, shredded or diced.
- You need of ground beef.
- Provide of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of dark red kidney beans, drained (15 oz can).
- Prepare of pinto beans, drained (29 oz can).
- Use of diced tomatoes, undrained (15 oz can).
- You need of small potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need of frozen vegetables – country trio – carrots, green beans, and corn.
- Take of beef stock.
- Take of salt.
- Take of ground black pepper.
- Get of bay leaf.
- Take of chili powder – use more for spicier soup.
- Use of ground cumin – adjust to taste.
- Use of tortilla chips (optional).
- Get of shredded cheddar jack cheese (optional).
Steps to make Southwest beef 'n' bean soup:
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat..
- When oil is hot (surface looks shimmery), add onion, celery, and carrots. Season with salt. Some liquid will cook out of the celery; this is normal. Cook vegetables, stirring occasionally with a spatula, until the onion begins to turn translucent and the liquid has cooked off..
- Add the garlic and continue cooking until the garlic begins to brown. Remove skillet from heat. Transfer vegetables to a large soup pot..
- Break up ground beef into skillet. Season with salt, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Return to heat..
- Scramble ground beef over medium high heat until browned..
- Transfer ground beef to a large plate or bowl lined with paper towels to remove excess grease. Pat top with a paper towel. Then transfer ground beef to soup pot with onion mixture..
- Add both cans of beans (drained), tomatoes (undrained), potatoes, and frozen vegetables to soup pot..
- Add beef stock to soup pot. (You can also substitute water and beef bullion for stock. Use 1 cube bullion per quart of water.) Add bay leaves and Worcestershire sauce..
- Bring soup to a boil over high heat, then turn heat down so that soup simmers but doesn't boil..
- While soup is simmering, add chili powder and cumin. Adjust seasoning (salt, chili powder, cumin, etc.) to taste. You might need more salt than you think because the potatoes absorb quite a bit while they cook..
- Let the soup simmer until the potatoes are tender and just starting to break down. (You can tell they are breaking down when the edges start to look rounded-off instead of sharp.) If you need to add water while the soup cooks, heat water to boiling in the microwave first and *carefully* add to the soup pot..
- Remove bay leaves before serving..
- If desired, crumble a handful of tortilla chips in the bottom of a soup bowl and ladel soup over them. Top with shredded cheese. Enjoy!.
If you find this Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.