Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Hearty lentil and butternut squash soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hearty lentil and butternut squash soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Vitality.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and a lesser amount of of the detrimental ones we usually feel much better. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). This is usually a problem, nonetheless, in terms of eating between meals. Finding snacks that will help us feel better and enhance our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Whole grain snacks are an excellent choice for a fast healthy snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that additional boost you need to get going. When you have to have a fast snack food on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are always better than processed grains found in white bread.
A large variety of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hearty lentil and butternut squash soup recipe. You can have hearty lentil and butternut squash soup using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hearty lentil and butternut squash soup:
- You need of onion roughly chopped.
- Use of carrot roughly chopped.
- Use of cabbage leaves roughly chopped.
- Prepare of pepper roughly chopped (I used a few different leftover ones).
- Get of garlic clove crushed.
- Prepare of (roughly) meat/veg stock of your choice (I did beef).
- Provide of water (roughly).
- Get of Bay leaf.
- Prepare of paprika.
- Take of grated nutmeg.
- You need of butternut squash chopped into bite size pieces.
- Provide of olive oil/oil alternative.
- Prepare of savory.
- Prepare of tin of green lentils (could soak your own).
Steps to make Hearty lentil and butternut squash soup:
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c/350°f.
- Put the onions In a pan and cook until lightly brown (can use a bit of oil or water as well to help).
- Put the onions in a pressure cooker or soup pot (just a big metal pot that goes on the hob), add the cabbage, pepper, carrot, garlic clove, bay leaf, paprika and nutmeg. Mix it all together. If using the hop, feel free to do it with the heat on for possible extra browning on other veg..
- Add the stock and water and mix. Let it cook until all the vegetables are soft, remove bay leaf, and then blend..
- Add in the lentils and cook for a further 20 minutes/until lentils are cooked..
- When you put the water and stock with the veg, set out a baking tray and line it with tin foil or baking paper. Spread the butternut squash on the baking tray and add the Savory and Olive oil. Mix together and put in oven, cook for 25 minutes..
- Add the roasted butternut squash to the soup and serve..
- Can garnish with chopped parsely of anything of your choice (like chilli flakes or extra nutmeg) and/or serve with sliced and buttered bread..
If you find this Hearty lentil and butternut squash soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.