Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out several small changes.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lite chicken tortilla soup recipe. You can have lite chicken tortilla soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Provide 1 of Rotisserie Chicken shredded… I discarded the skin.
- Provide 28 oz of crushed tomatoes (1 large can).
- Get 2 of 10 ounce cans of enchilada sauce.
- Get 2 of medium onions chopped or 2 teaspoons onion powder.
- Prepare 8 oz of chopped green chilies.
- You need 2 of cloves minced garlic.
- Use 2 of 14.5 ounce cans of chicken broth.
- Use 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Get 2 tsp of chili powder.
- Take 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Get 2 of bay leaves.
- Take 20 oz of frozen corn.
- Provide 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro.
- Get 1 of Optional Garnishes- avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, lime, and tortilla chips (broken into pieces).
Steps to make Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir..
- Cool on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours..
- Taste soup about an hour before done and if it tastes too strong add water and continue cooking..
- Garnish as desired..
If you find this Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.