Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Snacks.
We all know that consuming healthy meals can help us truly feel better inside our bodies. If we eat more healthy snacks and less of the detrimental ones we usually feel much better. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. Finding snacks that help us feel better and increase our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack food.
When looking for a convenient nutritious snack, don’t forget about yogurt. In fact, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. Low fat yogurt helps make a wonderful snack, nonetheless. It is a protein-rich resource of healthy vitamins and minerals. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your gastrointestinal system work appropriately depending upon the culture used to produce it. Try putting in some wholesome nuts to unsweetened low fat yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an simple way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
You will not have to look far to locate a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup recipe. To make broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup you only need 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup:
- Use 5 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic.
- Take 4 cups of broccoli.
- Provide 1 cup of cauliflower.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery.
- Provide 1 of large carrot.
- Use 3 cups of chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 2 cups of half and half.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Get 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
Instructions to make Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup:
- Dice the onion, mince the garlic, and chop up the rest of the vegetables. Carrots and celery should be chopped into smaller chunks, while broccoli and cauliflower can be in medium to large chunks..
- Prepare a pot to steam the broccoli, cauliflower, celery, and carrot. Fill the pot with 1-2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Then place vegetables in steamer for about 7 minutes until soft..
- Melt butter in a pot at medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook until tender (5-7 minutes)..
- Turn down heat slightly (to medium-low) and gradually whisk flour into the pot with the onion and garlic. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the mixture becomes slightly golden..
- Gradually add half and half and chicken broth, stirring all the while. Add some salt and pepper to taste at this point. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered until it thickens (about 20 minutes)..
- Add the steamed vegetables and cook (still at medium-low heat) for another 10-15 minutes..
- If you want to purée the soup, let it COOL DOWN to near room temp, then put in a blender on purée mode. You may have to work in batches. If soup is still steaming a little, REMOVE the middle piece in the top of the blender cover so the steam can escape. Have a clean dish towel or paper towel to hover over the opening to minimize any mess. Combine puréed batches back into pot and warm it back up to then continue with step 8..
- Add cheese to the soup (handful at a time) and stir until melted..
If you find this Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.