Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sig's Mulligatawny Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Mulligatawny Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are numerous illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of small changes.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. If you currently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's mulligatawny soup recipe. To make sig's mulligatawny soup you only need 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Mulligatawny Soup:
- Take 1 tbsp of ghee (clarified butter).
- Take 1 of large onion about 225 gram.
- Take 5 of large cloves garlic crushed.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger grated.
- Provide 1 of large green chilli, finely chopped.
- Get 1/4 tsp of each ground cinnamon and ground cloves.
- You need 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Take 4 of cardamom pods, bruised.
- Use 5 of curry leaves.
- Use 1 of medium carrot,chopped.
- Provide 1 of medium sour apple,chopped.
- Take 1 of large potato, chopped.
- Provide 1 can of about 200 grams red lentils(I use brown as I prefer the flavour) drained.
- You need 1 liter of vegetable or chicken stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of tamarind concentrate.
- Use 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 2 cup of about 500 ml coconut milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander.
Instructions to make Sig's Mulligatawny Soup:
- Heat the ghee in a large pot, cook the onion garlic,ginger,chilli,all spices and curry leaves in ghee until the onion has browned a little and there is a fragrance..
- Add apple, carrot,potato, dhal(lentils) and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Discard cardamom pods and curry leaves.
- Blend or process the mixture. in batches until smooth,return to pan, add the tamarind,lemon juice coconut milk and garnish with fresh coriander leaves..
- Make sure the soup is heated through.
- I prefer smooth soups but you can puree it to more broth like texture..
- Make a day ahead if you like..
- You can make a chicken stock with 2 large chicken joints and add the chicken for meat eaters..
If you find this Sig's Mulligatawny Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.