Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Mulligatawny Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mulligatawny Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mulligatawny Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making several modest changes.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Even though you may already consume lots of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mulligatawny soup recipe. You can cook mulligatawny soup using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Mulligatawny Soup:
- Get 1 cup of split pigeon peas/toor dal.
- Get 100 gm of butter/oil.
- Use 2 of carrots diced finely.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of beans finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of onions finely chopped.
- Take 1/2 cup of peas.
- Get 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chopped potatoes (optional).
- Take 1 of small red apple, de-skinned and chopped.
- Provide 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Provide 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Get 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Use To taste of salt.
- Use 1 pinch of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of approx 200ml coconut milk.
- Get As needed of chopped coriander and chilli flakes for garnish.
- Use As needed of sour cream to serve on top.
Instructions to make Mulligatawny Soup:
- Wash the lentils very well and keep aside..
- Heat a large pot with butter or oil and when melted, add chopped garlic..
- Stir quickly and when they start turning golden, add the chopped onions..
- Let the onions start turning translucent. Now add the rest of the chopped vegetables, except tomatoes, and mix well..
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, coriander and cumin powders..
- Once the vegetable start sweating, add the washed lentils..
- Season with salt, sugar and garam masala powders..
- Now add 2 cups of water, vegetable stock or broth..
- Bring to a simmer and cover with a lid. Keep stirring once every 5 or 6 minutes, until the lentils have turned soft and vegetables are cooked..
- The water will have been soaked up by the lentils; add some more water and the coconut milk. Stir and check salt/seasonings..
- Your mulligatawny soup will be ready in about 20 mins. The soup should not be runny, but on the thicker side. You can also make this in the pressure cooker, but dal should not become mushy..
- Serve hot with rice, or bread..
If you find this Mulligatawny Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.