Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Ridiculously Good Shepherd's Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ridiculously Good Shepherd's Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Deciding to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few simple changes.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already feel that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ridiculously good shepherd's pie recipe. You can have ridiculously good shepherd's pie using 19 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ridiculously Good Shepherd's Pie:
- Use 8 large of potatoes, cut into chunks.
- Use 3 tbsp of vegetable oil, for meat.
- Use 1 large of onion, minced.
- Prepare 6 large of baby bello mushrooms, minced.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt, for meat.
- Take 1 tsp of ground black pepper, for meat.
- You need 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 3 tbsp of steak sauce.
- Prepare 3 large of eggs.
- Get 2 tbsp of vegetable oil, for veggies.
- You need 1/3 stick of butter, for veggies.
- You need 3 large of carrots, chopped.
- Use 8 oz of corn niblets.
- Use 8 oz of peas.
- Use 1 tsp of salt, for veggies.
- Get 1 cup of milk.
- Get 1 stick of butter, for potatoes.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt, for potatoes.
- Take 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, grated.
Instructions to make Ridiculously Good Shepherd's Pie:
- In a large pot, boil the potatoes until soft..
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil on low..
- Add the onion, mushrooms, salt, snd pepper, and cook until translucent..
- Add the meat, incorporate, and cook through. NOTE: I used beef but, obviously, ground lamb could also be used, if you can find it at the supermarket. I couldn't when I put this together, but I still called it Shepherd's Pie because, like with Minced Meat Pies no longer having meat in them these days, just about everyone I know makes Shepherd's Pie with beef, so I figured no harm, no foul. If you are pedantic, I could have called this Cottage Pie, but, in the US, I don't think anyone knows what it is. Besides, I figured, who would want to be that guy, right?.
- Stir in the steak sauce, and let cool..
- When cooled, stir in the eggs, and pour the mixture into the bottom of the large casserole. The eggs will firm up the bottom to provide a solid base..
- Add the butter, oil, and carrots into the now-empty large saucepan, and simmer on medium until tender..
- Add the corn niblets, peas, and salt, and mix and simmer until it's all happy and tender..
- Layer the veggies on the meat in the casserole..
- Drain, return to the pot, and mash the potatoes on low..
- Add butter and salt while mashing. I know, it's a lot of butter, so cut it down to 2/3 stick if you like..
- Add the milk to the potatoes. It will be loose at first, but it will firm up a bit while you stir it in a few minutes..
- When the potatoes are stackably firm, scoop it on top of the casserole..
- Throw it all in the oven at 375°F for 45 minutes..
- OK, it will have this beautiful crust after 45min, and you are just going to sprinkle the cheddar over the top..
- Broil for about 5 min, keeping an eye on it after 3 minutes to be sure it doesn't burn, to melt the cheese..
- Remove from heat and try to let it cool about a half hour before diving in. As can be seen from my pic, I always fail. Enjoy..
If you find this Ridiculously Good Shepherd's Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.