Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. There are many diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. Although you may already consume a great deal of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy tortellini soup with kale recipe. To make creamy tortellini soup with kale you need 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale:
- Prepare 1 lb of Italian sausage removed from the casing.
- Prepare 2 of onions, diced.
- You need 4 of carrots, diced.
- Use 4 stalks of celery, diced.
- Use 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 4 cups of water.
- Use 2 of Bou vegetable bouillon cubes.
- Take 1 of Bou beef bouillon cube.
- Get 1 Tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- Get 3 (12 oz) of cans evaporated milk.
- Get 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 lb of frozen tortellini.
- Use 6 cup of kale, destemmed and torn.
Steps to make Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale:
- Turn your slow cooker to high and add 4 cups water and the bouillon cubes. I use Bou brand..
- In a skillet, brown the sausage breaking up the large pieces..
- Add the sausage to the slow cooker..
- Saute the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic until softened..
- Add the vegetables, and the Italian seasoning to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 7 hours..
- Turn the cooker to high if not already and add the evorated milk. Allow to come to a simmer (~30 min).
- Stir the corn starch and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl. All the starch slurry and frozen tortellini to the soup and cook until the pasta is soft (~30 min)..
- Add the kale, submerging with a spoon, and cook until the kale wilts and is tender (~10 min)..
- Adjust the consistency of the soup with water or milk. I used about a cup. Season with salt and pepper to taste and plate in bowls with crusty bread..
If you find this Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.