Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Puertorican bistec (beef stew) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Puertorican bistec (beef stew) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. One nutritious alternative that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to puertorican bistec (beef stew) recipe. You can cook puertorican bistec (beef stew) using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Puertorican bistec (beef stew):
- You need 2 lb of sirloin steak, sliced.
- Use 1/4 cup of distilled vinegar.
- Prepare 1 envelope of sazon seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp of adobo season salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1 can of 16oz. diced tomatoes, undrained (optional).
- Use 1/2 cup of sofrito.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of olives with pimento.
- Get 1 large of onion, sliced half moon.
- Take 1/2 cup of cooking wine, white or red ( I use red goya wine).
- Use 3 medium of potatoes, peeled & quartered.
- You need 3 can of 16oz. beef stock.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
Steps to make Puertorican bistec (beef stew):
- I start peeling cutting potatoes first & place in cold water just to get them out the way..
- Cook steak in olive oil on medium-high heat. Season with salt & pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, then add garlic..
- When steak half thoroughly cooked add vinegar and wine. Cook for 5 minutes..
- Add rest of ingredients, except tomatoes. They go in last 10 minutes of cooking, if you decide to use. Bring to a boil..
- After 5 minutes of boiling, lower heat to simmer & cover. Cook for 30-45 minutes until meat tender..
- Serve with red or white rice & beans, & salad..
If you find this Puertorican bistec (beef stew) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.