Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Enchilada pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Enchilada pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Enchilada pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Raising Snack foods.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy types plays a role in a more balanced feeling. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. Finding goodies that help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
One of the most popular snacks is natural yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a wholesome larger lunch just isn’t a good idea. Low fat yogurt makes a amazing snack, nevertheless. It is a protein-rich supply of wholesome minerals and vitamins. Yogurt is easy for the body to digest and, based on the type of culture made use of to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help normalize your digestive system. Quick hint: choose unsweetened yogurt and add in walnuts or flaxseeds. This reduces your sugar absorption without reducing the taste of your snack.
You can find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to enchilada pie recipe. To cook enchilada pie you need 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Enchilada pie:
- Use 1/2 pound of ground pork.
- Use 1/2 pound of ground beef.
- Provide 1 of medium yellow onion.
- Provide 2 of small cans of diced green chillies.
- Prepare 1 can of refried beans.
- Use 1/2 cup of white rice.
- Get 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Provide 1 of small can green enchilada sauce.
- Take 1/4 cup of thick and chunky salsa Verde.
- Get 1 of burrito seasoning packet.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of cheddar jack cheese.
- Take 6 of homemade flour tortillas 1 being bigger for top.
Steps to make Enchilada pie:
- In a skillet brown ground pork and lean ground beef until brown, I usually use a scoop of bacon grease for flavor. Dice onion and use half in meat and incorporate. When done add burrito packet mix with half cup of water and add to meat with green chillies. Set aside when thickened..
- Cook rice until soft, I use a pressure cooker, when rice is done put in skillet and add diced tomatoes, diced onion (the other half) can of green chillies and a spoon full of green enchilada sauce and incorporate together, season to your taste. I used cilantro, garlic, cummin and chilli powder..
- In a glass pie pan put a spoonful of green enchilada sauce around until evenly coated, lay first tortilla down layer beans, rice, cheese and meat. Add 2nd tortilla and gently cover with salsa Verde and cheese, add another tortilla, repeat first layer then second layer again, add cheese then the top around the pie plate forking the edges and a couple holes to breath..
- Brush top with butter and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, pull out and brush top with butter again, sprinkle garlic powder and dried cilantro leaves on top and bake another 10-15 minutes at 400..
- Pairs well with a dessert of the wife's homemade cheese cake, I'll see if I can get her to post that. purpledaffodil69..
If you find this Enchilada pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.