Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Tex's English Chippy-Style Gravy recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Tex's English Chippy-Style Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tex's English Chippy-Style Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Deciding to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, merely making a few minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
Initially, you should be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you no longer wish to eat. As an example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. A superb healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tex's english chippy-style gravy recipe. You can cook tex's english chippy-style gravy using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tex's English Chippy-Style Gravy:
- You need 3 tablespoons of Bisto Best gravy granules.
- Provide 600 mls (2 1/2 cups) of hot water.
- Prepare 1 of beef OXO Cube.
- Use 2-3 teaspoons of ketchup.
- Provide 1-2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of malt vinegar.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- Provide 2 of large pinches salt.
- Take 2 of large pinches of MSG (optional).
- Provide To taste of black pepper to season.
Steps to make Tex's English Chippy-Style Gravy:
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a jug, and add the hot water. Stir well, then add the ketchup, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well again.
- Place the jug in the middle of the microwave. Heat on full for 1½ min until boiling. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes then stir well and repeat.
- Next, cook your meal (fish, chips and mushy peas in my case 😺) while gravy reduces. Bring the gravy to a simmer in the microwave a few minutes before you're ready to serve. Taste and adjust if necessary.
- Plate up your chippy grub, so peas first….
- Then the fish….
- And the chips….
- Then drizzle with the gravy….
- If you want to cook this meal from scratch, see recipes in my profile for 'Tex's Proper Beer-Battered Fish & Chips'….
- …and 'Tex's Mushy Peas'.
- Plus 'Tex's No-Fail Chips'….
- This is also great on that chippy favourite, steak & kidney pudding….
If you find this Tex's English Chippy-Style Gravy recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.