Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are many illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all probability, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can obtain results without removing foods from your diet or make huge changes right away. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get used to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than before. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you no longer wish to eat the old diet.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe. You can cook 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- You need of hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix.
- Get of medium white or yellow onion diced.
- You need of green bell pepper diced.
- Use of red bell pepper diced.
- Use of celery diced.
- Use of garlic minced.
- You need of Seasoning packet from beans.
- You need of parsley.
- Take of filtered water.
- Provide of chicken broth.
- Provide of ham hock.
- Use of each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed.
- Provide of Juice of 1 small lemon.
- You need of petite diced tomatoes don't drain.
- Prepare of Italian seasonings.
- Prepare of sea salt.
- Use of black pepper.
- You need of butter.
- Provide of For rice 👇.
- Take of white instant rice.
- Prepare of filtered water.
- You need of sea salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- Take of garlic powder.
- You need of butter.
Steps to make 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard..
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in..
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking).
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use..
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side.
If you find this 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.