Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato Soup (Yummy – w/Low Fat Options) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Soup (Yummy – w/Low Fat Options) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all probability, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of modest changes.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically alter your eating habits. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than before. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you no longer wish to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato soup (yummy – w/low fat options) recipe. You can cook potato soup (yummy – w/low fat options) using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Potato Soup (Yummy – w/Low Fat Options):
- Get of Chunky Soups.
- Provide of small red potatoes, cubed small.
- You need of onion, diced.
- Prepare of celery stalks, diced.
- Use of water.
- Prepare of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- Get of salt – or more to taste.
- Use of of celery salt.
- Prepare of cajun seasoning.
- Use of of rosemary.
- Provide of ground red and black pepper – to taste.
- Provide of milk.
- Provide of all-purpose flour.
- Use of chopped parsley.
- Prepare of bacon, diced.
- Get of cheese, shredded.
- Get of corn tortilla chips, crumbled.
Instructions to make Potato Soup (Yummy – w/Low Fat Options):
- In a large stock pot, cook bacon until crisp. (Bacon is used as a garnish).
- Remove bacon and remove and discard half of the fat from the pot. Add onions and celery to pot (with remaining bacon fat) and saute for 2 mins. – FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, AFTER BACON IS COOKED, DISCARD ALL FAT AND SAUTE USING OLIVE OIL..
- Add potatoes to the pot (I like to keep the skin on). Cook for 5 mins..
- Add seasoning.
- Add water.
- Add Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (or your favorite condensed creamy soup). Stir and cook until potatoes begin to soften, about 8 – 10 mins. – FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, USE 98%FAT FREE CAMPBELL'S CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP..
- In a separate bowl, mix milk and flour until smooth. Add milk mixture (slowly while stirring) into pot. Cook for 5 mins. – FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, USE NON-FAT MILK..
- Remove half of the ingredients from the pot, and blend in a blender untill smooth. Return the blended ingredients to the pot and mix with the chunky ingredients (this keeps texture in your soup)..
- Add parsley. Simmer, stir, and taste. YUM!.
- When serving, garnish with cheese, bacon, and/or tortilla chips (optional but adds more texture, crunch, and flavor). – FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, OMIT BACON OR SUBTITUTE WITH TURKEY BACON, OMIT CHEESE, AND USE FAT FREE TORTILLA CHIPS..
If you find this Potato Soup (Yummy – w/Low Fat Options) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.