Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most people typically assume that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out several simple changes.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you currently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp, sausage, and chicken gumbo recipe. You can cook shrimp, sausage, and chicken gumbo using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO:
- Take 3 large of boneless skinless chicken breast halves.
- Take 1 lb of smoked sausage.
- You need 1 lb of med shrimp deveined and peeled (doesnt go in until the end).
- Use 5 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- Provide 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- Get 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Use 6 clove of garlic, minced.
- Provide 1 of green bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- Take 3 of stalks chopped celery.
- Use 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/4 bunch of flat leafed parsley, coarsely chopped.
- Provide 5 cup of hot water.
- You need 5 of beef bouillon cubes.
- Get 1 can of stewed tomatoes w/juice.
- Provide 2 cup of frozen sliced okra.
- Get 3 of green onions, white part as well.
- Prepare 1 dash of of cayenne pepper.
Steps to make Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large (heavy bottomed) pot, over medium-high heat..
- Cook chicken until browned on both sides, remove..
- Cook sausage until browned on both sides, remove..
- *Roux- Sprinkle the flour over the oil, add 2 tablespoons of margarine and cook over medium-heat. Stirring constantly, until brown, about 10 minutes..
- Return the pot to low heat and melt the remaining 3 tablespoons margarine. Add onion, garlic, green pepper and celery. Cook for 10 minutes..
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, to taste and the 1/4 bunch parsley..
- Cook while stirring frequently for about 10 minutes..
- Add 5 cups of hot water and beef bouillon cubes. Whisk constantly. *for thicker gumbo, 4 cups of hot water.
- Add chicken and sausage, bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Stirring occasionally..
- Add tomatoes (w/juice) and okra. Stir, then cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- Just before serving add green onions, and shrimp. Let stand 5 minutes..
- Enjoy!!! With rice or crackers, however you prefer. Or just straight up..
If you find this Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.