Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Dirty rice collard rollups recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dirty rice collard rollups recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a number of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making some small changes.
One way to deal with this to begin seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to change everything instantly or that you have to completely do away with certain foods from your diet. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. As with many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to go back to your old diet.
To sum up, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dirty rice collard rollups recipe. To cook dirty rice collard rollups you need 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Dirty rice collard rollups:
- Take 1 bundle of collards (about 12 big leafs).
- Take 1 pound of ground beef.
- Take 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of cooked white rice.
- Prepare to taste of Old Bay Hot.
- You need to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- Get 2 cups of beef broth if not using collard stock.
Steps to make Dirty rice collard rollups:
- Cook rice. Set to the side and let cool..
- While rice is cooling, wash your collards in cool water. You can either keep your collards whole, or if they're super big you can cut them in half. Either way you need leafs about the size of your hand. Make sure to cut stem off as well. I learned cutting the greens horizontally is better than how I cut mine in the pic..
- Get a pot with the collard stock in it and set it to high until it starts to boil. If not using collard stock use salted water..
- Blanch (boil) your greens for 2-3 minutes. Just enough to make them flexable..
- After 2-3 minutes put your collards in ice cold water to stop the cooking process. I fill my sink up with water and transfer them from the boiling water to the sink with a wooden spoon..
- In a heavy bottom nonstick pan brown your hamburger meat..
- Cut up your onion and cook with the meat. DO NOT DRAIN MEAT!! Use about 3 tablespoons of Old Bay (I use a little more) and salt and pepper to season meat while its cooking..
- When meat is browned pour in 1 cup of collard stock (or 1 cup beef broth) into the pan, fold in your rice and let cook down until the liquid is almost gone. About 10 minutes..
- Spoon meat mixture into top part of collard leaf and roll up like a burrito. Place rolls in a 9×13 baking dish, seam sides down. If you have to double roll the wraps it's ok..
- Continue until you either run out of mixture or collards. If you have left over mixture spoon it on top of rolls, if you have extra collards continue to cook them and use them as your "side"..
- Pour stock (or beef broth) into dish until the wraps are 1/3 way covered..
- Cover tightly with foil and cook for 40 minutes on 350°..
- After 40 minutes uncover and lightly salt top of rolls. Place back in oven uncovered for 10 minutes. Serve hot!.
If you find this Dirty rice collard rollups recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.