Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Deciding to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re incessantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, just making a few modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
You can obtain results without removing foods from your diet or make huge changes immediately. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. In time, you will likely see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you will not want to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. You can cook chicken tortilla soup using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Prepare 2 of Split, bone-in, skin on chicken breast.
- Provide 1 of 49.5 oz can of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 medium of white onion, diced.
- Take 1 of poblano pepper, diced.
- Get 2 clove of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 6 of scallions (green tops and white bottoms separated).
- Use 1 of 28 oz can diced tomatoes (undrained).
- Provide 1 of 14.5 oz can of refried beans.
- Take 1 of 14.5 oz can of low-sodium black beans (undrained).
- You need 1 cup of Vodka.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mexican oregano.
- Provide 2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried cilantro.
- Take 3 of Bay leaves.
- You need 1 bunch of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of Kosher Salt.
- Provide 1 of Fresh-ground pepper.
Instructions to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Heat a Dutch oven or another large, heavy pot on the stove on medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts liberally with Kosher salt. Place chicken breasts skin side down in Dutch oven. Brown and render as much fat out of the skin as possible. When skin is golden brown, remove chicken to a second pot..
- Reduce heat on Dutch oven to medium. Add cumin seeds to Dutch oven chicken fat and toast for one minute. Sauté diced white onion and diced white part of onion from the scallions in the chicken fat for 3-5 minutes. Add diced poblano and minced garlic and Sauté for another 3-5 minutes. Add Mexican oregano and dried cilantro..
- In the second pot, pour the broth over the chicken breasts. Cover with a lid and bring to a simmer. Cook chicken all the way through. Remove chicken from broth and allow to cool until it is able to be pulled from the bones and shredded. Discard bones. Reserve chicken and broth..
- Add canned tomatoes (undrained) to vegetable mixture. Immediately stir in vodka. Bring to a simmer. Stir in refried beans and black beans (undrained). Add bay leaves..
- Add reserved chicken broth to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the corn. Simmer for 20-30 minutes. At this point, soup is ready to serve BUT it can simmer for a few more hours for a thicker broth. Five minutes before service, stir in diced fresh cilantro (as little or as much as you prefer). Garnish with sour cream, green onion tops from scallions, tortilla chips, guacamole or any other traditional Tex-Mex garnish. Enjoy!.
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.