Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vietnamese-style Pho Noodle Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vietnamese-style Pho Noodle Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Making the decision to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a number of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re constantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few simple changes.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you don’t wish to eat. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vietnamese-style pho noodle soup recipe. You can have vietnamese-style pho noodle soup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vietnamese-style Pho Noodle Soup:
- You need of Soup.
- Use 8 cups (1.9 liters) of vegetable, chicken, or beef stock (Japanese stock works well too).
- Use 4 of star anise.
- Get 4 of whole cloves.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick (about 3 in).
- Use 1 of thumb-sized piece fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 of onion, cut in quarters.
- Get 2-4 Tbsp of Fish sauce or soy sauce to taste.
- Use of Noodles and Garnishes.
- Use 4 of serving pho noodles or rice vermicelli.
- You need of Black pepper (optional).
- Get 1 handful of fresh cilantro.
- You need 1 of fresh lime cut in wedges.
- You need 1 dash of your favorite hot chilis (optional).
- You need 300 g of boneless chicken cut in slices or for a vegetarian option, try fried tofu.
Instructions to make Vietnamese-style Pho Noodle Soup:
- In a large pot, add the stock, star anise, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, and onion. Bring to a boil, turn to low, then simmer with the lid on for 45 to 1 hour..
- Strain out the spices and onion, then add 2 Tbsp of fish sauce or soy sauce. Taste the soup and add more if needed (it depends on the kind of sauce you use). * You can do up to this step ahead of time and then just reheat the soup when you are ready to eat..
- Add some of the soup to a smaller pot and bring to a simmer. Add the sliced meat and cook for 2-3 minutes. If using fried tofu, skip this step. (You can do this in the large pot too, but I found it easier to dish out the meat evenly if it was separate, or if you are not eating all 4 servings).
- If using fried tofu, grill it a bit in a frying pan (no oil needed) and cut into thin slices. Put on top of the soup just before serving..
- Prepare the noodles according to the directions and drain. Some packages tell you to chill the noodles in cold water, but it makes the soup cold so I recommend keeping the noodles hot! (Just make sure you do this just before adding the soup, or else they noodles will stick together)..
- Divide the noodles among deep soup bowls and dish out the soup with the meat over the noodles..
- Garnish with fresh lime, chopped chilis, and black pepper. Put the fish sauce/soy sauce at the table in case you need more. Dig in!.
If you find this Vietnamese-style Pho Noodle Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.